READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO SEE HOW YOU CAN WIN A $25 GIFT CARD TO BIG PEACH RUNNING CO!!!
We are halfway through the second month of 2010 and with the New Year comes new resolutions. Some of the more popular resolutions are to lose weight, adopt a healthier lifestyle, and give back to those in need.
Team in Training (TNT), The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) groundbreaking charity sports training program, offers a way to do all of these while having fun and meeting new friends. TNT is the world's first, best and largest charity sports training program - and the only one to offer a full complement of exciting, sports training options.
I have written today’s post to help raise money in support of my best friend, Kathryn Cyphers who has joined TNT and will participate in the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in order to raise funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I encourage everyone to find even just an extra $5 to make a donation because every little bit helps.
Katie is running in honor of Jessica Shrader, a beautiful 22-year-old woman who has recently been diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. Jessica began her first round of chemotherapy on January 22, 2010 and so far has had no adverse reactions. She continues to keep her spirits high and has the support of her many family and friends. Visit Katie's TNT page to read more about Jessica's story, and to donate in her honor.
SO, now that you’ve made the resolution to get in shape it’s time to find the correct apparel to do so in. For this portion I turned to the experts at Big Peach Running Co, who know everything there is to know about running gear!
1. The most important thing to consider when looking for workout wear is to avoid cotton clothing. Technical, synthetic materials help keep sweat and moisture on the outside of the clothing, keeping the runner dry and helping to better control body temperature.
2. Socks: when it comes to socks, once again avoid cotton. Cotton sucks will hold in moisture and are more likely to cause blisters.
3. Safety: Be sure to wear some sort of reflective gear when running at night. Also, running ID bands and dog tags are available and are important to wear when running alone.
4. Sports bra: Finding a comfortable sports bra can be quite a challenge, but the experts over at Big Peach can be a lot of help. They also have a few tips for finding the best fit for you: First , if you have a large chest you should really look into an under-wire sports bra. Next, compression and encapsulation are important things to look for. If you are having to wear multiple sports bra’s at once, chances are you aren’t wearing the correct one for you. Finding the right combination of fit, encapsulation and compression will allow you to wear only one bra, instead of two or even three.
• Big Peach has a variety of sizes ranging from 32A through 44DD and everything in between.
5. Shoes: When it comes to running, finding the correct shoe for you is crucial to comfort, safety and speed. Big Peach uses special video analysis to help determine the correct fit based on bio-mechanics.
HOW TO WIN
1. Make a donation in any amount to TNT through my friend Kathryn Cyphers, or any other member that you choose to support.
2. Leave a comment on this post with a link to the members’ page where you made a donation.
3. Tweet, Facebook, or promote through email or any other media form about this contest to help raise even more money to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
4. Check back on Monday, March 1 to see if you are a winner!